14 Research Studentships and Scholarships at University of Greenwich in UK, 2016
The University of Greenwich is offering a range of postgraduate research studentships and scholarships for the UK and international students. These scholarships are awarded within the Faculty of Engineering and Sciences, Faculty of Education and Health, Faculty of Architecture and Faculty of Education and Health.
The University of Greenwich is a British, United Kingdom-based university. It has three campuses in London and Kent, England. These are located at Greenwich, in the grounds of the Old Royal Naval College, and in Avery Hill and Medway.
If applicant’s first language is not English, they will also need a language proficiency score of at least IELTS 6.5 or an equivalent UK VISA and Immigration secure English Language Test.
- Scholarships are available for pursuing MPhil/PhD programme.
Available Subject: Scholarships are awarded for the following projects:
- Understanding metabolic responses during long-term storage; the impact of the oxygen gradient on apple metabolism
- Bioinformatician: Characterisation of virus populations of food security cropsusing Next Generation Sequencing (NGS)
- The potential of sport as a vehicle to address social issues amongst females
- Structured systems – black art or science
- Effects of climate change on aquatic organisms at a fundamental cellular level
- Transdermal drug delivery – human skin ex-vivo assessment
- Proteolytic networks controlling cell and tissue development
- Characterising the structural dynamics of the Bacillus anthracis protective antigen pore for biomedical applications
- The parish church, memorialization and community, c. 1700 to the present day
- Design of supported nanocluster catalysts for sustainable energy applications
- Patients’ motives and explanations for non-attendance of retinal screening programmes: A mixed-method study.
- Architectural Design (AVATAR) – Theories of Posthuman Architecture
- Nursing Apprenticeships: A case study of nursing apprentices’ and workforce stakeholders’ motivations, aspirations, expectations and experiences.
Centre of Applied Research and Outreach in Language Education (CAROLE)
Scholarship Award: Bursary available (subject to satisfactory performance):
Year 1: £14,296
Year 2: In line with RCUK rate Year 3: In line with RCUK rate
In addition, the successful candidate will receive a contribution to tuition fees equivalent to the university’s Home/EU (£4,121) rate for the duration of their scholarship. International applicants will need to pay the remainder tuition fee of £8,029 for the 2016/17 session (the tuition fee is subject to an annual increase).
Scholarship can be taken in the UK
Eligibility: To apply for a scholarship, applicant must:
- Have a first-class or upper second-class Bachelor’s degree with honours, or a Master’s degree (UK or UK equivalent) in a relevant discipline
- Have previous research experience, for example for an undergraduate or Master’s degree dissertation
- Understand the difference between a taught degree and a research degree, in terms of approach, personal discipline and motivation
- If applicant’s first language is not English, they will also need a language proficiency score of at least IELTS 6.5 or an equivalent UK VISA and Immigration secure English Language Test.
Eligible Nationality: UK and international students can apply for these scholarships.
Application Procedure: Applications need to be made online via this link. No other form of application will be considered. All applications must include the following information. Applications not containing these documents will not be considered.
- Scholarship Reference Number (VCS-ES-05b-16)– include in the personal statement section together with your personal statement as to why you are applying
- a research proposal related to the subject topic
- a CV including 2 referees
- academic qualification certificates/transcripts and IELTs/English Language certificate
- If student is an international applicant or if English is not their first language or they are from a country where English is not the majority spoken language as defined by the UK Border Agency.
Application Deadline: Application deadline for each project is different.