DAAD University Summer Courses offered in Germany for Foreign Students and Graduates
These grants are awarded to enable students and graduates to attend German language and area studies courses plus special language/terminology courses that are offered by state (public) or state-recognised German higher education institutions and by affiliated language schools. Course providers and course offers are available on the DAAD homepage: www.daad.de/hsk-kursliste.
Deadline: 31 January
- Applications are open to students in Bachelor‘s and Master‘s programmes of all subject areas who will have completed at least two academic years of studies at the time of starting their funded stay.
- Students in their last year of a Bachelor‘s programme are entitled to apply if a Master‘s programme will follow directly after the Bachelor‘s degree. Please include the letter of confirmation by the higher education institution as proof.
- Neither graduates holding a Master‘s degree nor PhD students are eligible for application to this programme.
- At the time of starting the funded stay, applicants must be registered or matriculated at a university in their home country or in their country of permanent residence (but not Germany).
- Applicants must be able to follow lectures and presentations and to collaborate in teams. The German required language skills must at least be equivalent to level B1 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR) and must be proved by a language certificate. The last language certificate should not be older than one year. Further general information on language certificates is available on the DAAD homepage: www.daad.de/deutschland/nach-deutschland/voraussetzungen/en/6221-deutsche-sprache/..
- The minimum age at the time of starting the funded stay is 18 years.
- An applicant may only be considered once for a DAAD Intensive Language Course or University Summer Course Grant in any three consecutive years.
- Alternative requirements may apply for some few countries as specified in the “Country Information” section.
- Additional information on the application process is available on the DAAD homepage: www.daad.de/en/form(further downloadable forms – FAQs for applicants and FAQs for scholarship holders)