Fulbright Foreign Language Teaching Assistant (FLTA)
The FLTA Program is a nine-month, U.S. Department of State funded, non-degree program that provides young teachers of English an opportunity to refine their teaching skills, increase their English language proficiency and extend their knowledge of the society and culture of the United States, while teaching their native language to U.S. students and strengthening foreign language instruction at U.S. colleges and universities. Fulbright FLTA participants also interact with their host communities in conversation groups, extracurricular activities, and community outreach projects. Fulbright FLTA participants must immediately return to their home countries upon completion of the program.
- Tentative Announcement: March/April
- Duration: 9-10 months
- Grantees start studies: Fall next year
- Pakistani national with a valid Pakistani Passport.
- Resident in Pakistan throughout the nomination and selection process.
- Not less than 21 years old and not more than 29 years old at the time of application.
- Fluent in English, minimum of 220(CBT) or 90(IBT) on TOEFL.
- Minimum of 16 years of formal education.
- Must be an English language teacher at college or university level OR have some training to become an English language teacher.
- Prior teaching experience is preferred.
How to apply
All application materials (original and one copy), including references and TOEFL score, must be received by USEFP at P.O. Box 1128 Islamabad. Please note that you cannot send application through courier to a P.O. Box address. Applications will be uploaded on the website as soon as the program is announced.
Deadline:-July 10, 2013