The internationally renowned Institutions in technical education, the Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs) are inviting scholars from ASEAN countries to apply for Ph.D. fellowships to strengthen the deep and historical relations between India and ASEAN.
The institution thrives for its quality education and strict selection criteria. When selected, you will be able to complete your Ph.D. with funding from the Government of India. The funding includes a monthly stipend and an annual research grant for up to 5 years of their Ph.D. program.
Why do a Ph.D. in India (at IITs)
India has a strong focus on science and technology with vast research and development infrastructure. It’s the third-largest scientific and technical manpower pool with many world-class, internationally ranked universities awarding more than 40,000 doctorates annually. It is a nation of immense diversity reflected in its rich culture and heritage.
- IITs impart world-class education, conduct research in relevant fields, and further advancement of learning and dissemination of knowledge.
- Offering high-quality education and research with a chance to immerse oneself in the stimulating diversity of culture, language, religion, art, architecture, literature, music, and dance that can equally boast of an unparalleled civilizational heritage and a modern global outlook.
Here are a few reasons to consider doing a Ph.D. in India (at IITs)
- Provide cutting-edge and interdisciplinary research in science and technology
- Outstanding research facilities
- Better career prospects
- Low costs and high standard of living
- Provide students opportunities to grow culturally as well as academically
- Apply online on our portal
- Select the IITs you prefer and the specific program/area during the online application
- Each IIT you apply to follows their admission process consisting of an application screening, shortlisting, and possible online interview
- The final consolidated results based on the preferences in your application are reported on this portal.
How to apply
Applicants may apply online at https://ecampus.iitd.ac.in/ASEAN/login on our portal.
Criteria for Selection
- Default Doctoral fellowship in India for ASEAN Academic score Requirement = 6/10 or 60% (calculated proportionally for other scales)
- Default Doctoral fellowship in India for ASEAN English Test Requirement: No English Language Certification Requirement
- Minimum No. of Recommendation letters: 2 recommendation letters
Satisfying the eligibility criteria guarantees neither interview nor admission. Please check the individual IIT’s preview page under the “Explore IITs” tab for additional eligibility criteriaExplore IITs” tab.