Griffith University and Gold Coast Commonwealth Games Scholarships, Australia
Applications are invited for Griffith University and Gold Coast 2018 Commonwealth Games Scholarship to study in Australia. These scholarships are awarded to students of any Commonwealth country or territory, including Australia who wish to undertake study or research at Griffith University in a sport or event related area The overreaching aim of establishing the Griffith University was to transform the public higher education to improve quality and efficiency of teaching and learning, creating a world-class higher learning institution.
Griffith was created to be a new kind of university—one that offered new degrees in progressive fields such as Asian studies and environmental science. At the time, these study areas were revolutionary—today, they’re more important than ever.
- Scholarship is available for pursuing Undergraduate, Postgraduate, and Ph.D. program.
- Scholarship is awarded in a sport or event related area.
Programs of study: Any listed degree program with a major related to Sport and Recreation, Human Movement, Sports Psychology and Event Management. See the list of eligible programs.
Scholarship Award: Each scholarship includes:
- A full fee waiver- value will be determined by the student’s citizenship, degree program, program duration and career level
- Accommodation, living and education expenses- the scholarship covers accommodation and food (full board and lodging) on campus plus amenities to the total value of $29,700.
Scholarship can be taken in Australia
Eligibility Criteria: The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for this scholarship:
- Be commencing in a degree program in 2017 with a major related to Sport and Recreation, Human Movement, Sport, Psychology and Event management.
- Be an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident or permanent Humanitarian Visa holder or a
- Full New Zealand Citizen or an International Student from any Commonwealth nation or territory.
Eligible Nationalities: Australian Citizens, Permanent Residents, Permanent Humanitarian Visa Holders, Full New Zealand Citizens and International students of any Commonwealth nation or territory are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must be commencing in a degree program in 2017 with a major related to Sport and Recreation, Human Movement, Sport, Psychology and Event management.
English language Requirements: Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
Application Procedure: The mode of application is online.
Deadline: Scholarship application deadline is 27th January 2017.