The new Heriot-Watt – Velesto Petroleum Engineering Scholarship is available for January 2019 intake. This scholarship is open for international students. Founded in 1821, Heriot-Watt has a rich heritage and an established reputation as a leading research-led university and provider of education around the world. Since 1974, Heriot-Watt University, through its Institute of Petroleum Engineering, has contributed towards the advancement of Petroleum Engineering through its research, consultation and development of sought after graduates by the industry. These contributions have enabled the institute to receive the prestigious Queen’s Anniversary Prize in 2015.
Course Level: This Petroleum EngineeringScholarship is available to study undergraduate MEng Petroleum engineering programme.
Study Subject: Scholarship is awarded in the field of Petroleum Engineering.
Scholarship Award: The scholarship is for 100% or 50% of tuition fees at the Malaysia campus.
Eligible Nationalities: This Petroleum Engineering scholarship is open for international students.
Eligibility Criteria: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
This scholarship is open to students with academic results of at least 2As and 1B in relevant subjects in their A-Levels with a strong passion to pursue Engineering. Application will be assessed based on the applicant’s academic achievements, involvement in extra-curricular activities and leadership roles. Applicants will also need to include a personal statement (of 500 words) stating:
- Your interest in the Engineering field of choice and why
- Future career aspirations
Language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
Application Procedure: To apply:
- You must first register for an Engineering Degree at Heriot-Watt University Malaysia (leave your details below so that our education advisor can assist you!)
- Complete a scholarship application form
- Include details of your extracurricular activities
- Write a 500-word personal statement expressing which engineering field you’re interested in and why, as well as your future career aspirations
- Shortlisted candidates will need to attend an interview.
Applications Deadline: December 1, 2018 (for January 2019 intake)