Online MBA Diversity Scholarships
The Business School will offer up to 10 Online MBA Diversity Scholarships, the value ranging between £2,500 and £5,000, to candidates who enhance the diversity of cultures or perspectives on the Edinburgh MBA.
|17:00, 19 October 2022
|Email Email Scholarship Support Team
The Online MBA Diversity scholarships will be awarded to candidates who, while bringing strong academic and work experience credentials, also enhance the diversity of cultures or perspectives on the Edinburgh MBA.
The Online MBA Diversity Scholarships will be awarded to candidates who:
- Have sound academic and excellent work experience credentials.
- Have the potential to contribute to and enrich all aspects of the Online MBA
- Can demonstrate how they have provided a supportive, inclusive environment, and/or built a culture of belonging by actively inviting contributions and participations of all people, for example in projects, group work, events, and so on.
- Can tell us how they will use the knowledge gained from the Online MBA programme, and how this will enable them to continue to have an impact as a leader, especially in terms of inclusivity and responsibility.
You can only apply for a scholarship once you have received an offer (conditional or unconditional) to join one of the eligible programmes and have either firmly accepted the offer or be intending to do so. The scholarship selection panel can only consider your application if you hold an active offer throughout your scholarship application process (meaning if your offer is declined at any point up until the scholarship decision deadline you will no longer be eligible).
Eligible programmes are:
- Online MBA
You will not be eligible for this scholarship if:
- You are fully sponsored by your employer
- You are in receipt of a full scholarship
If the applicant is successful in being awarded a scholarship, but subsequently declines their offer of admission to the Online MBA, the scholarship will be withdrawn and awarded to another applicant. An award will be withdrawn if a student fails to meet the conditions set by the University.
How to apply
If you wish to be considered for a scholarship you should submit a scholarship application form as soon as possible after receipt of an offer of a place on our MBA.
You should submit an application within the following scholarship application rounds:
|15 August 2022
|14 September 2022
|17 October 2022
|15 September 2022
|19 October 2022
|21 November 2022
A scholarship panel made up of a number of Student Support Staff will review all applications.
When reviewing your application the panel will focus on the information provided by you as part of the scholarship application process with the focus being on the contribution you can make to enrich the programme. If further prioritisation is required then this will be based on academic achievement.
When assessing your application, we will give regard to:
- The information provided as part of the scholarship application form and statement in terms of:
- How you would contribute to and enrich all aspects of the Online MBA programme, including the diverse academic and cultural profile of the MBA cohort.
- Examples given of how you have provided a supportive, inclusive environment and/or built a culture of belonging, by actively inviting contributions and participation of all people, such as in projects, group work, events, and so on.
- How you will use the knowledge gained from the online MBA programme to continue to have an impact as a leader especially in terms of inclusivity and responsibility.
- The evidence provided in relation to work experience and academic achievements.
All applicants will be notified of the result of their scholarship application within a month of the given scholarship deadline.
- The scholarship will be deducted from tuition fees.
- Successful applicants for the Online MBA Diversity Scholarship enrolled on the programme will have the amount of the scholarship award allocated towards the first year of fees.
- Scholarships will have to be accepted within a certain timeframe in order to secure your position on the Online MBA programme and also to secure the scholarship funding.
- If you do not accept and pay the required online MBA programme deposit within the given timeframe then you will forfeit your scholarship offer. The Business School will then re-allocate this scholarship.
- If you are in receipt of any other University of Edinburgh scholarship(s) then the maximum that will be covered between all the scholarships awarded will be the full fees.
- Scholarships are not transferable and not deferrable. They are valid only for use by the scholarship awardee for the entry date specified as part of their application in the given academic year (such as January 2023).
- If you receive a scholarship, you will be expected to participate occasionally as an ambassador for the Business School during and after your programme.
- Scholarship decisions are at the discretion of the School and all decisions are final.
- If you withdraw at any point during the teaching term, scholarship payments which have already been made will be reclaimed on a pro-rata basis. Under exceptional circumstances, this decision can be reviewed by the Director of Professional Services.