The University of Southern Denmark (SDU) is welcoming students to apply for International Postdoctoral Fellowships in Applied AI and Data Science for the academic year 2022/2023.
The successful applicant will join a dynamic research team and be introduced and included in teaching, research projects, fundraising activities, and collaborations to explore the synergy between clinical and technicalresearchers and health professionals at SDU and OUH.
Founded in 1998, the University of Southern Denmark is a modern institution offering education and research at the highest level. The university offers several joint programs in cooperation with the University of Flensburg and the University of Kiel. SDU ranked 255 in Best Global Universities. It provides a range of higher education programs, including Bachelor’s, Master’s, and doctoral degree programs. With 29,674 enrolled students (as of 2016), the university is the third-largest, given its roots in Odense University.
Why choose to study at the University of Southern Denmark? The University of Southern Denmark is known for its thriving learning environment and high standard of education. The university makes things happen that can be seen, have value for society and students, and help society grow. Students at this university will benefit from an incredibly high level of living and educational resources.
- University or Organization: University of Southern Denmark
- Department: Faculty of engineering
- Course Level: Postdoctoral
- Award: Salary
- Number of Awards: 2
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Denmark
The University of Southern Denmark will offer the selected candidates salary, and the terms of employment are stated in the Agreement between the Ministry of Finance and the Danish Confederation of Professional Associations (AC).
All nationalities are eligible.
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Postdoctoral degree in Applied AI and data science offered by the university.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- Candidates interested in artificial intelligence, machine learning, and epidemiology apply. We will specifically look for candidates with a documented track record in conducting relevant technical and epidemiological research in the area of healthcare.
- How to Apply: To be eligible for the opportunity, candidates must take admission in a PhD degree program at the University of Southern Denmark. After that, they must complete and submit an online application form or Head of Applied AI and Data Science unit (AID), Prof. Esmaeil S. Nadimi, at [email protected]. The attached files must be in Adobe PDF. Incomplete applications and applications received after the deadline will neither be considered nor evaluated.
- Supporting Documents: The application must contain (only as a pdf):
- A letter stating the project’s interest, motivation, and qualifications (max. two pages).
- Research plan (max. two pages)
- A complete list of publications
- Certified copy of diplomas and Ph.D. degrees in the relevant fields
- Two most relevant publications on which the applicant wishes to rely on (preferably, the applicant is the first author)
- We encourage the candidates to provide the contact information of a reference academic.
- Admission Requirements: The candidate must hold a Ph.D. Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, Epidemiology, or related areas.
- Language Requirement: Applicants must be fluent in spoken and written English.
- Application Deadline: The deadline for application is September 1st, 2022.